- D +420 210 320 265
- F +420 210 320 270
- M +420 603 880 245
- E email@example.com
Richard Maliniak is counsel in both our Prague and Bratislava offices.
He specialises in competition law and has extensive experience advising on merger notifications as well as representing investigated undertakings before the national competition authorities, the courts or the European Commission. He also specialises in state aid, vertical agreements, preparation of compliance programmes and conducting compliance trainings.
His competition law highlights include:
- advising on merger notifications to the Czech and Slovak competition authorities, and the European Commission;
- advising a US company regarding an investigation of the Czech competition authority into an alleged abuse of dominant position;
- advising a significant Slovak association of undertakings on an extensive investigation of the Slovak competition authority into an alleged anti-competitive agreement on information exchange;
- advising a German concern on one of the biggest investigations by the Czech and Slovak competition authorities into an alleged cartel agreement;
- advising a Czech food company in court proceedings concerning an alleged anti-competitive agreement;
- advising a number of companies on state aid regarding notification of new aid and submission of complaints to the European Commission in relation to unlawful aid.
In compliance, Richard has provided legal advice in the following notable matters:
- advising a significant Spanish concern on a compliance audit; and
- advising a number of companies on the preparation and implementation of an internal compliance programme.
Richard read law in Brno (M.A.), Prague (JUDr.), Berkeley (LL.M.) and Antwerp (Certificate in International and European Law). He has been part of our law firm since its establishment in 2013. From 2015 to 2016, he worked as a trainee at the Directorate General for Competition of the European Commission, where he dealt with the enforcement of competition law, particularly in the area of cartels.
Richard is a member of the Czech Bar.
He works in Slovak, Czech and English.
University of California, Berkeley (LL.M. 2022)
Charles University Prague (JUDr. 2021)
Masaryk University Brno (M.A. 2014)
University of Antwerp (Certificate in International and European Legal Studies Programme, 2013)